- What is your position regarding President Trump's executive action on Deportation and Sanctuary cities? How will you enforce/resist these actions?
- How will President Trump's immigration ban affect immigration in California? How can you defend the rights of California's immigrant communities particularly Indigenous Peoples from Mexico or Central America?
- What is your position on the construction of a wall between Mexico and the the U.S.?
- What affects will the manufacturing regulation changes have on the people of California?
- How can California prevent the construction of oil pipelines (i.e. Keystone and Dakota Access)?
- What is your standpoint on the federal funding towards abortion action passed by Trump? What actions will you take based on your standing?
- How will the ACA (affordable Care Act) affect Californians? Are there any plans/actions in the works to provide affordable healthcare for Californians without any?
- What actions will be taken to ensure the public safety of protesters/marchers/
#D34Vote Congressional Candidates Forum: Indigenous Youth, Social Justice and the Trump Tribulations
We are honored to invite our community to a youth-focused Congressional Candidates Forum presented by the Student Council at Anahuacalmecac International University Preparatory. Candidates each present an opening statement (1 minute) and closing remarks (3 minutes). Also, candidates will respond to questions generated by our student community. Before the forum, we invite you to participate in action-reception by creating posters, postcards, letters and digital smoke signals addressed to POTUS & members of Congress about issues you are concerned with.
Following the forum, Ollin Law will provide a free legal clinic for our community, which you are also welcome to join.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Wendy Carillo - Activist
Steven Mac - Los Angeles County prosecutor
Alejandra Campoverdi - Former deputy director of Hispanic media for President Obama
While all candidates were invited, not all could attend due to scheduling conflicts.
Welcome Reception: 9:30am - 10:00am
Congressional Forum: 10:00am - 11:30am
Legal Clinic: 11:30am - 1:00pm